Sign ups are currently by approval only. However, enter a reason why you want to join this server, or contact the server admin, and you probably get in - unless you sound crazy. It doesn't have to be an essay, or even a really good reason; a simple sentence or two will do. We're really just wanting to make sure an actual human is trying to register. Once you've requested registered and been approved, you should receive an automated email - check your spam box if you don't see it.
You can pretty much say what you want here with no interference from the admins as long as you follow a few general rules.
1) No porn, nudity or sexually graphic material. Take that stuff somewhere else.
2) Nothing illegal.
3) As a rule of thumb follow the Gold and Silver Rules: treat others the way you want to be treated and don't do things to other people that you don't want them to do to you. So, be a good neighbor. No encouragement or incitement of violence. No graphic violent material. No racial/ethnic/sexual slurs; or slurs in general - just avoid name calling. Don't harass members of this server, members of other Mastodon servers, or anyone in general.
4) If you have content that may be objectionable but may not be covered by the above categories, use the CW (content warning) tag on your post.
5) No spam. No ads. No solicitation.
6) No multiple accounts or bots without approval. If you need multiple accounts or a bot for a really good reason, contact the server admin.
Posts and people that violate our code of conduct will be removed by the pub's bouncers (so you're subject to warnings, removals, or bans).
Some things we don't care about and don't get you banned (as long as you aren't violating the above): Jokes, memes, satire, arguing with others, unpopular opinions, things that can be resolved by blocking, hurt feelings, conservative views, liberal views, libertarian views, progressive views, religious opinions, quotations, being wrong, believing "wrong" things ...and others...you get the idea.
Understand that you don't pay for this service - we do. Your use of our stuff is not a free speech issue. We reserve the right to limit, ban, warn, or delete any posts or person for any reason at all and without any explanation. However, we will try our best to be fair, let you know if we have problems with what you're posting and let you handle it. Generally, we want to leave you alone, as we would assume that's why you're here in the first place.
If you like this idea, but not this particular server check out: liberdon.com, tryliberty.org, social.freetalklive.com, swampfoxden.com,
If you enjoy this service, find it useful, or just want to pitch in, feel free to donate. Donations go toward server maintenance and upkeep. The server runs on out of pocket expenses and any help from you.